Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A paper tree for your Tuesday...

I love trees.

This is an album I spruced up awhile back.  

Not sure what it was originally supposed to house, 
but it has become the home of some very special little 'tid-bits'.

  

In downsizing/moving my craft stash to make room for the Little One on the way, I went through all my fabric.  I picked out the scraps (sometimes big) that had a special meaning/memory for me.  It seems like I've been hoarding some of these because I can't bear to let them go!


So, I decided to cut little swatches of them and store them in a memory book.  It's amazing to me that I can look at a scrap of polka dot material and remember exactly when and where I bought it, what I made with it and who I shared it with!

I have bits of my mom's old nightgowns that I used make doll blankets and some pieces I remember using with my Grandma to make dolls and embellish clothes for me.

Now, I feel liberated to use the rest of these fabrics for projects because I know I still have a piece of them safe with me.  Hopefully these fabric pieces will pass on all the love and care and years that are stored up in them.

Blessings to you!


No comments:

Post a Comment